Monday, August 10, 2009

I had a great to visit my mom in Atlanta last week. That’s where I was born & raised! It’s the land of the Free and home of the Braves. heh heh heh

From the airport I took the Marta train to Lindbergh Station. That’s where my mom picked me up.


She’s 83 now and still driving during the day. You’re all safe at night cos she stays home! lol We went from there to her condo, where she’s lived since the middle 1970’s. She has done a lot of remodeling inside and recently had bright red shutters placed on the garden patio. I think it looks real cozy and comfortable!.

While there, I met with some friends from the church I attended when there, the Siegmanns! My Facebook friends are right; they just don't age! They've had some health challenges since I had seen them last. But, God has healed and provided what they needed. He still has things and plans in store for them! What a testimony they have!

And from the street I grew up on … Kodiak Drive … not that I grew up on the street! I meant … you know what I meant! …. don’t ya?
Here’s my former neighbor from Kodiak Drive, Amy with her son, Mitchell. Isn’t he adorable?

I remember when Amy was born. I was 9 at the time. Her dad was SO excited to have a daughter (after 3 boys),that he wrote in the dirt on the garage door windows, “IT’S A GIRL!!!!” Sure wish we took more pictures back then!
I spent a lot of time at the Bullard’s house. Their mom was awesome! She taught me a lot! She made washing & drying dishes fun. I did chores at their house that my mom couldn’t get me to do at home. It was her gentle spirit that taught me servanthood and more! Here she is with Amy on Amy's wedding day! Aw-w-w-w-w! Love & miss ya, Gerry B.!!!

I also took some pix of pictures while there. One of a kind treasures with probably no negatives to be found! Like my cousin & her hubby relaxing in the Lincoln bed while visiting the White House in the 70’s!

On the way back to the airport, I HAD to go to the Varsity Jr. Nuthin’ like a “nek-kid dog, fries & Diet Coke” after hearing, “Whattayahave???”


I'll be back, Atlanta! Just don't know when!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers