In August I saw a Mickey Mouse shadowbox in a Disney World gift shop.
Ooh! Had to have it! I have pins from taking tours at Disneyland and
Disney World. The tours were the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" (Disneyland) and "Keys to the Kingdom" (Disney World.) The shadowbox makes a MUCH better display – rather than in a scrapbook! The inspiration for the display came from the Tim Holtz/Cheryl Darrow workshop I attended in June 2009 at Ten Seconds Studio. Here's my Mickey Mouse shadowbox! 8O
Here's an idea of how it got started. Somewhere along the way, I changed the grungeboard letters from "Disney" to "Mickey."
Here's the before of the metal embossed Mickey...
And the after ...
The Disney gift shops sell this embosser with 3 interchangeable pieces. Being a good tourist (and stockholder!), it came home! Note that it's for ages 4 and up. Perfect for me! :)
Mickey papers were distress inked and adhered to fragments with Glossy Accents. The grungeboard letters waited for their makeover ...
The grungeboard letters were painted with Cranberry paint, then Stickled (yes, it's a verb, too!) with the *new* Rock Candy Distress Stickles.
The background paper begged for some Distress Inks ....
and who was I to say, "No?"
I love, love, love the Claudine Hellmuth multi-medium! It was used to adhere the paper to the mini-canvases.
Here's one of the finished mini-canvases. Rock Candy Distress Paint was used on the vintage Mickey picture.
And ears the finished Mickey Mouse shadowbox!
And here's the fine print .... supplies used ....
Sandylion: Background paper – Mickey Comic Strip, Stickers – Mickey Poster Vintage
Ranger: Craft Sheet, Distress Inks, applicators, Glossy Accents, Rock Candy Distress Stickles,
Rock Candy Crackle Paint, Cranberry Adirondack Paint Dabber, Cut-n-Dry stamp pad foam, Claudine Hellmuth multi-medium (matte)
Ten Seconds Studio: mini canvases, Rock Star & Periwinkle metal, embossing tools
Tonic: Tim Holtz scissors
Cuttlebug: machine and Mickey Mouse embossing folder
Tim Holtz Ideology: washers, grungeboard, sprocket gear, fragments
Disneyland/Disneyworld: embosser set, shadowbox, decorative tour pins, 50 year celebration pin
Adhesives: Tombow, Glue Dots, Foam Squares, double-sided tape
Love it!
ReplyDeleteOH I Love it! Marylee you did Mickey Mouse proud! Love all the elements!
ReplyDeleteVery cute! Love how you did this!
ReplyDelete