Monday, June 7, 2010

GASC went WILD!!!


GASC went WILD!!! I just returned from 4 days of bliss …. at the Great American Scrapbook Convention in Arlington TX. My handler and I stayed at the Sheraton next door instead of driving from home every day. I met SO many nice people, spending about 25 hours in the exhibit hall and what the humans call a “crop” room. I attended several classes and volunteered at some, too! Here are some highlights of my experience!

Me and my friend, Becky Fleck! I sat in on her class while my handler helped out. Did I mention that Becky has a new "Page Maps" book coming out this year?

Who doesn't love Melissa Frances? What a wonderful lady with a wonderful story!

I hung out on Tim Holtz' stamps for a while and left NO surprises. I promise!

The two "H's" meet ... Hedgehog and Holtz.

Cheryl shows a sample at Ten Seconds Studio while Trisha is busy with make & takes. And Megan is in the background ... trying to get in the picture! Ha!

Trisha pauses for some Hedge time. I think she really wanted a shoulder rub.

I learned how easy it is to refine ....

and sand Ten Seconds Studio's metal.

Around the corner at The Crafty Scrapper, I paused to smell the flowers ... couldn't resist. Get it? See the Maya Resist?

At a booth that had food dip mixes, I munched on an animal cracker. Still not sure what this booth had to do with scrapbooking, but I did find out that I AM higher up on the food chain.

She's my favorite "Nana" - Nana of Nana's Scrapbook Memories, a retailer in Weatherford TX.Her daughter, Melissa, poses with us. Both are SO nice!

Towards the end of the convention, I chilled out at the Maui Wowi tiki hut under the umbrella.These scrapbookers LOVE this stuff!


In the crop room, I'm by my handler's newest creation, "Disney Doorways." There are doors and door-like openings. And surprises behind some of the interactive doors..and cool curio knobs on the front. Just like doorknobs!


And, finally, at the end of the 4 days, I needed a massage from the massage lady in the crop room! Ooh-la-la! Here's hoping I get to go again!



My story: I am one of 7 hedgehogs owned by Georgia, a black lab mix. Georgia also owns several humans: Joedon, Marylee and Chandler. Georgia has a sister, Honey, a yellow lab. Of the 7 hedgehogs, I am the traveling one! I've been hiking in Colorado and to Disney World ... and now the Great American Scrapbook Convention! Life is rough. Be artsy. Play hard. You never know when a black lab mix is going to pick you up and run through the house with you ... and squeak you like there's no tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. How funny! I was actually standing next to you at the GASC when you got Tim Holtz to take a pic with hedgehog! He is the nicest guy isn't he? Thank you for running down your experience at GASC; I only went for Tim Holtz but all those classes sound like fun! I may just go back next year!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers